The Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA) is registered as a Non-Governmental & Non-profit association (NGO), founded in 2006 as a result of an initiative by key water sector representatives in the Arab Region. The Association’s first consultative meeting was held in Cairo - Egypt in September, 2006. The meeting brought together delegates from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, UAE, Palestine, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Oman.
Since the Association was founded, it has obtained the support of both the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia of the United Nations(UN-ESCWA) and the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ). ACWUA Steering committee was formed during that meeting which was then followedby a series of regional meetings to discuss the establishment of the Arab Countries Water Utilities Association.
For further information, check: http://www.acwua.org/
- Non-Revenue Water Management for Medium Management Level
- ACWUA Leaders Bi-Lateral Meeting Programme in Association with WEX
- Operations & Maintenance of Water Networks
- Operation and Maintenance of Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Non Revenue Water Management - Postponed till 2- 6 October 2011
- 3rd WUM-CBP Training Course “Non Revenue Water” postponed 2- 6 October 2011
- Operations and Maintenance of Sewage Networks, 11-15 Mar. 2012
- Operations and Maintenance of Water Pumping Stations Training Course,(22-26) January, 2012
- Non Revenue Water Management - Basic Level, 25-29 March, 2012
- Exploring Potential for Development Partnerships with the Private Sector (DPP) in the Water Sector of Iraq