Since the IME has been responsible for managing the Regional Management and Support Project (RMSU) of the MEDA-Water programme, this partnership has taken on particular importance.
Created in 1982 in Rabat, the Mediterranean Water Insitute is the first expert network in the Mediterranean to group together institutional and technical operators in the water domain. It provides a forum for exchanging information and know-how, and for meetings and discussion between the various operators. Its work covers the following domains:
* irrigation and drainage
* hydrology et hydrogeology,
* water provision and treatment
* purification and recycling of waste water
* protection of continental water
* development of the aquatic environment.