EMAN 2009: Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators
EMAN 2009: Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators coincides with the Czech Republic's presidency of the European Union. It is the 12th conference in the series of annual events promoted by the EMAN-EU network. It is also the 5th EA-SDI Conference organized by Jan Evangelista Purkyne University in Usti nad Labem represented by its rector Iva Ritschelova on the theme of environmental accounting and sustainable development.
Following the traditions of the previous conferences, EMAN 2009: Environmental Accounting and Sustainable Development Indicators provides a forum for the dissemination and exchange of ideas related to the promotion of environmental and sustainability management on micro and macro levels through tools like environmental accounting and sustainable development indicators.
The EMAN 2009: EA-SDI conference is being organized as part of the following projects:
“Indicators for Assessment and Modeling of Interaction between the Environment, Economy and Social Relationships” 2007–2011 funded by the Ministry of the Environment, and
“Macro-Economic Implications of Environmental Protection in the Course of Transformation of the Czech Republic”, 2007–2009 funded by the Grant Agency of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic.
This EMAN 2009: EA-SDI will be of interest to a wide range of government officials, policy experts, international representatives, accountants, statisticians, academics, researchers and Ph.D. students who work on environmental and sustainability issues.
- Corporate sustainability accounting,
- Corporate sustainability accounting tools,
- Corporate sustainability reporting,
- Corporate sustainability reporting tools,
- Environmental accounting best practices,
- Environmental benefit accounting,
- Latest developments and trends in environmental management accounting.
- Accounting of ecosystem stocks and services,
- Accounting of environmental activities and transactions,
- Carbon accounting,
- Damages, externalities and welfare: valuation, accounting and indicators,
- Ecological footprint accounting,
- Land use and land cover accounting,
- Material and energy flow accounting,
- Measurement of de-coupling and EKC testing,
- Water Framework Directive consequences,
- Environmental modeling.
Dates and Deadlines
Call for abstracts has started!
25. 02. 2009 Deadline for abstracts submission
28. 02. 2009 Notification of paper acceptance
23. 03. 2009 Deadline for submission of full papers
15. 04. 2009 Deadline for registration
Jan Evangelista Purkyne University: Horeni 13; 400 96 Usti nad Labem; Czech Republic
Phone: +420-475-282-115 ; Fax: +420-472-772-982
|Subject(s)||INFORMATION - COMPUTER SCIENCES , METHTODOLOGY - STATISTICS - DECISION AID , NATURAL MEDIUM , POLICY-WATER POLICY AND WATER MANAGEMENT , PREVENTION AND NUISANCES POLLUTION|
|Geographical coverage||Czech Republic|
|Address||Prague, the Czech Republic|
|Organizer||Under the auspices of Walter Radermacher, Eurostat Director General, Martin Bursik, Minister of the Environment, Jan Fischer, President of the Czech Statistical Office, Iva Ritschelova, Rector of Jan Evangelista Purkyne University, Jiri Malek, Rector of University of Pardubice, Jan Kubata, Usti nad Labem city Mayor.|
|Period||[23/04/2009 - 24/04/2009]|