Blue Waters and Green Agriculture: Romanian Challenges and Perspectives in Nutrient Pollution Control
The International Conference will take place in Bucharest, Romania, between 10 and 11 of May 2017 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, and will include also a two-day technical field visit at project sites and in the Danube Delta and its surroundings, between 12 and 13 May 2017 (for the registered participants) focusing on nutrients reduction investments implemented in Romania as well as on eutrophication in Danube Delta.
The objective of the International Conference is to facilitate a discussion platform for all stakeholders regarding the implementation, challenges and impact of the Nitrates Directive in the EU. The Conference will also offer the opportunity to exchange ideas, best practices, as well as to create links among those working at “grassroots” level, decision makers and donors for the reduction of nutrients pollution across the world. Nutrients pollution control is a very important topic regarding water quality. Sustainable agriculture practices, the use of manure and other nutrients as an important resource for soil enrichment have to comply with long-term environmental goals regarding water quality. The Nitrates Directive is the main tool at EU level for water pollution control from agricultural sources in all European countries. Implementing efficient and sustainable agriculture practices for farmers, combined with strict control procedures for water pollution with nutrients can achieve this goal.
The key topics of the Conference are:
- Agricultural practices, water pollution and global nutrients control actions,
- Development of sustainable communities and challenges of nutrients management,
- Nitrates pollution control – smart solutions for environment and agriculture,
- Specific issues regarding nutrients pollution on the Danube River and the Black Sea in the framework of Nitrate Directive,
- The EU Nitrates Directive - implementation and monitoring provisions.
|Organizer||INTERNATIONAL WATERS LEARNING EXCHANGE & RESOURCE NETWORK|
|Period||[10/05/2017 - 11/05/2017]|