Call for papers for the Conference: "Water Utilities and Law: Current Trends and Development"
CALL FOR PAPERS
Water Utilities and Law: Current Trends and Development
UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science - University of Dundee, Scotland,
September 03rd - September 04th 2009
UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science at the University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, will hold a two day Conference on Water Utilities and Law. The Conference will address the role of law in promoting appropriate policies, structural design and regulatory solutions in order to meet the Millennium Development Goals target of reducing the proportion of people without access to sustainable, safe drinking water by half.
The papers submitted should address any of these areas: legal implications of governance, competition law in water services, national courts trends, regulation of publicly-owned water utilities, foreign investment in water services, public-private partnerships, institutional and regulatory structures and transplantation of legal institutions to solve water problems.
1. Abstracts should be received by April 15th, 2009.
2. Abstracts must contain the following information:
* Name, affiliation, postal address and email address;
* Title of paper;
* Abstract of approximately 250-500 words, summarizing the content of the paper and indicating how it relates to the conference themes;
* List of key words that best describe the paper; and
* For multiple-author papers, the name of the individual who will present the paper.
3. Please submit your abstract by email to Mohamad Mova Al 'Afghani at email@example.com in a Windows-compatible Word format.
4. You will be notified via email once your proposal has been received for consideration.
5. The Committee will notify the acceptance of your abstract on the 22nd of April, 2009
6. The full draft paper should have been received by June 30th, 2009
7. The Committee will review and comment your paper in July, 2009
8. Final submission should be made on August, 17th, 2009
Mohamad Mova Al Afghani / Michael HantkeDomas
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com)
|Source of information||UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science at the University of Dundee|
|Subject(s)||DRINKING WATER , POLICY-WATER POLICY AND WATER MANAGEMENT , RIGHT|
|Geographical coverage||Scotland, United Kingdom|