Call for abstracts for the first international conference on Water Resources of Al Jabal Al Akhdar: Reality & Prospective
This conference to be organised next 5-7 June 2012 in Al Bayda City (Libya) is the first one to be organised after the revolution of 2011. It is organized by the University of Omar Al-Mukhtar Faculty of Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences Al Bayda in collaboration with Arab World Academy of Young Scientists (Arab-WAYS). A call for abstracts is launched:
- Deadline for abstracts submission: 30 April 2012.
- Deadline for submitting full papers: 31 May 2012.
The main themes of this conference are:
1. The current water situation in
2. Future water needs under the re-evaluation of the use of non-renewable water resources in accordance with the concept of sustainable development.
3. Pollution of water resources: impacts and treatment methods.
4. Water and agricultural policies & laws to achieve economic and social growth.
5. Building institutional and human capacities in the field of water.
6. Climate change and its impact on the water situation in
7. Growth and development of traditional and non-traditional water resources.
8. Water scarcity and drought: policies and measures to adopt and climate change adaptation.
9. Water harvesting development techniques.
10. Water decision support system; modeling and water information systems.
Open days for research and Industry Leaders in water resources:
The first international conference on Water Resources of Al Jabal Al Akhdar: Reality & Prospective, Industry Day will take place on 5 -7 June 2012 and is intended to provide a forum to discuss how industry is leveraging or could leverage water recourses harvesting and management in Libya and particularly in Al-Jabal Al Akdar region to have an impact in the real world. This year marks a historical stepping stone in the rebuilding of Libya, where research and industrial working culture is expected to change to the better and international collaborations and opportunities will be a distinctive feature of the upcoming years.
Themes of Interests
- Application of GIS and remotes sensing in water resources
- Surface water monitoring and artificial recharge in semi arid areas
- Water quality monitoring and remediation
- Groundwater monitoring, investigation and remediation
- Water resources capacity building
If you wish to attend the Industry Day, please register in the conference site for the corresponding pass (registration due 30- 4 - 2012). The Industry Day pass will give you access to the room where it will run the event, to the exhibits room and to coffee breaks and closing event.
Prof .Dr. Ramadan A. M. Al-Hendawi Faculty of the Natural Resources and Environment University of Omar Al-Mukhtar, Al Baydah Libya P.O.BOX 919
Phone: 00-218 (0) 92 3797701 ; 00-218 (0) - 91 3797701
|File link local||Al_Jabal_Water_Flayer_Final.doc (DOC, 448 Kb)|
|Source of information||University of Omar Al-Mukhtar Faculty of Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences Al Bayda – Libya|
|Subject(s)||AGRICULTURE , ANALYSIS AND TESTS , CHARACTERISTICAL PARAMETERS OF WATERS AND SLUDGES , DRINKING WATER , DRINKING WATER AND SANITATION : COMMON PROCESSES OF PURIFICATION AND TREATMENT , ENERGY , HYDRAULICS - HYDROLOGY , INFORMATION - COMPUTER SCIENCES , INFRASTRUCTURES , MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION , METHTODOLOGY - STATISTICS - DECISION AID , NATURAL MEDIUM , POLICY-WATER POLICY AND WATER MANAGEMENT , PREVENTION AND NUISANCES POLLUTION , RIGHT , RISKS AND CLIMATOLOGY , SANITATION -STRICT PURIFICATION PROCESSES , SLUDGES , WATER DEMAND , WATER QUALITY|
|Working language(s)||ARABIC , ENGLISH|