- Project database
- Mediterranean Union
- Horizon 2020
- Halting Desertification in the Jucar River Basin (HALT-JÚCAR-DES)
In November 2005, at the summit to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Euro-Mediterranean process, the partners committed to:
"endorse a feasible timetable to de-pollute the Mediterranean Sea by 2020, while providing appropriate financial resources and technical support to implement it, using the Mediterranean Strategy for Sustainable Development and exploring possible areas for co-operation in this regard with UNEP"
This underlined an opportunity to ensure that re-orientation of actions for the 10th Anniversary of the Euro-Mediterranean Process will, through this initiative, re-focus attention onto the longstanding EU objective to reduce pollution of the Mediterranean Sea. This suggested a possible scope for the depollution initiative and identifies the issues to be addressed in defining its structure and content.
Following-up on this commitment from all of the Euro-Mediterranean Partners the European Commission launched the Horizon 2020 initiative that aims to tackle the top sources of Mediterranean pollution by the year 2020. The Commission is building a coalition of partners to implement it.
For more information please contact ENV-Horizon2020@ec.europa.eu
Reference: EC DG Environment: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/enlarg/med/horizon_2020_en.htm
Coordination web portal: http://www.h2020.net/
- EWASH's Position Paper on Seawater Desalination for Gaza: Implications and Challenges
- Water innovation in action: €50 million for new research projects
- Participation of Neighbourhood countries in EU programmes, future prospects, goals, background information and more
- WEAM4i project participated at the Joint kick-off meeting of "Water Innovation in Action" projects
- Tunisia: new EU project backs stronger environmental governance
- UfM Senior Officials Meeting
- Union for the Mediterranean Ministerial Meeting on Environment and Climate Change
- Save the Planet - SEE Conference and Exhibition on Waste Management, Recycling, Environment
- Horizon 2020: Launch Event in the Med region "Meeting Euromed Common Challenges"
- Reducing pollution sources in the south-east of Tunisia