- Project database
- Mediterranean Union
- Horizon 2020
- 5+5 Water Strategy
- Halting Desertification in the Jucar River Basin (HALT-JÚCAR-DES)
In November 2005, at the summit to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Euro-Mediterranean process, the partners committed to:
"endorse a feasible timetable to de-pollute the Mediterranean Sea by 2020, while providing appropriate financial resources and technical support to implement it, using the Mediterranean Strategy for Sustainable Development and exploring possible areas for co-operation in this regard with UNEP"
This underlined an opportunity to ensure that re-orientation of actions for the 10th Anniversary of the Euro-Mediterranean Process will, through this initiative, re-focus attention onto the longstanding EU objective to reduce pollution of the Mediterranean Sea. This suggested a possible scope for the depollution initiative and identifies the issues to be addressed in defining its structure and content.
Following-up on this commitment from all of the Euro-Mediterranean Partners the European Commission launched the Horizon 2020 initiative that aims to tackle the top sources of Mediterranean pollution by the year 2020. The Commission is building a coalition of partners to implement it.
For more information please contact ENV-Horizon2020@ec.europa.eu
Reference: EC DG Environment: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/enlarg/med/horizon_2020_en.htm
Coordination web portal: http://www.h2020.net/
- H2020-SC5-2016: Call on Specific Priority Areas
- Finland: EIB backs construction of state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant
- Oman seeks bidders for stop-gap desalination contracts
- The World We Want for Water Takes a Big Step Forward
- EMWIS will participate in one recently approved project of LIFE 2014 program on sludge treatment: ANADRY
- EU project to hold meeting on Water-Energy-Food connection in the Mediterranean
- Water reuse and resource efficiency will boost the European food sector: an international conference
- First Horizon 2020 water innovation projects kick off
- WssTP annual Brokerage and WssTP Working Groups
- EIP Water Conference 2014