- Project database
- Mediterranean Union
- Horizon 2020
- 5+5 Water Strategy
- Halting Desertification in the Jucar River Basin (HALT-JÚCAR-DES)
In November 2005, at the summit to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Euro-Mediterranean process, the partners committed to:
"endorse a feasible timetable to de-pollute the Mediterranean Sea by 2020, while providing appropriate financial resources and technical support to implement it, using the Mediterranean Strategy for Sustainable Development and exploring possible areas for co-operation in this regard with UNEP"
This underlined an opportunity to ensure that re-orientation of actions for the 10th Anniversary of the Euro-Mediterranean Process will, through this initiative, re-focus attention onto the longstanding EU objective to reduce pollution of the Mediterranean Sea. This suggested a possible scope for the depollution initiative and identifies the issues to be addressed in defining its structure and content.
Following-up on this commitment from all of the Euro-Mediterranean Partners the European Commission launched the Horizon 2020 initiative that aims to tackle the top sources of Mediterranean pollution by the year 2020. The Commission is building a coalition of partners to implement it.
For more information please contact ENV-Horizon2020@ec.europa.eu
Reference: EC DG Environment: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/enlarg/med/horizon_2020_en.htm
Coordination web portal: http://www.h2020.net/
- H2020 call for project: Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for sustainable and competitive agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors
- 14-15 Dec. 2016, Athens, Greece – SWIM-H2020 SM “Drought Risk Management (DRM) Mainstreaming” Regional Training
- Independent experts to advise Commission on impact of EU research funding
- Commission to invest €8.5 billion in research and innovation in 2017
- New phase of EU water and environment programs in the Mediterranean
- "Innovative by Nature" - Horizon 2020 Info Day and Brokerage Event - 8 December 2016
- Fostering inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work (SDG#8) through ICT job creation tools for ensuring water security (SDG#6)
- Steering Committee Meeting of the SWIM and Horizon 2020 - Support Mechanism
- INSPIRE Conference 2016: Call for presentations and workshops
- 7th Water Research Horizon Conference Water Quality in a changing world