- Project database
- Mediterranean Union
- Horizon 2020
5+5 Water Strategy
- The first Ministerial Conference of the Dialogue “Water 5+5”: Towards a Water Strategy in the Western Mediterranean, Algiers (Algeria), 31 March 2015
- Photo Gallery, 31/03/2015
- The First Seminar of the Dialogue “Water 5+5”: Towards a Water Strategy in the Western Mediterranean, Valencia (Spain), 25-26 February 2014
- The second Seminar of the Dialogue “Water 5+5”: Towards a Water Strategy in the Western Mediterranean, Oran (Algeria), 26 June 2014
- The Third Seminar of the Dialogue “Water 5+5”: Towards a Water Strategy in the Western Mediterranean, Valencia (Spain), 9-10 September 2014
- The fourth Seminar on Water Strategy in the Western Mediterranean 5+5, Workshop 4: Action Plan, Madrid (Spain), 10 September 2015
- Press corner
- The fith workshop towards an Action Plan for the Water Strategy in the Western Mediterranean 5+5, Valencia (Spain), 24-25 October 2016
- Halting Desertification in the Jucar River Basin (HALT-JÚCAR-DES)
5+5 Water Strategy
- WATER POrT: Capacity building on water resources management in a changing climate in Egypt
- Israeli and American Researchers Develop New Hi-Tech Water Filtration Solution
- Germany, Switzerland back Albania's water sector with 47 mln euro financing
- Cyprus' Water Development Department (WDD) will initiate a competitive tender for a desalination plant in Kouklia
- Using real-time satellite data to track water productivity in agriculture
- The Thirteenth MEDCOAST Congress on Coastal and Marine Sciences, Engineering, Management & Conservation
- Blue Waters and Green Agriculture: Romanian Challenges and Perspectives in Nutrient Pollution Control
- Ministerial Meeting of the European Union and Mediterranean Water Ministries
- Public session on the United Nations World Water Development Report 2017 ‘Wastewater: The Untapped Resource’
- WATER CHALLENGES IN XXI CENTURY: ROLE OF ECONOMICS, STATISTICS AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
5+5 Water Strategy for the Western Mediterranean
Water Ministers of the countries of Western Mediterranean (5+5) and their representatives adopted last March 31th, 2015 in Algiers, the common strategy of water, marking the effective start of the Euro-Maghreb dialogue in this sector.
This strategy, intended to implement a common approach in terms of addressing water-related concerns, was adopted by all the ten countries of the northern and southern shores of the western Mediterranean attending the ministerial conference of 5+5 Dialogue, held in Algiers.
The works of this ministerial conference were held under the joint chairmanship of Algeria and Spain which initiated the 5+5 Dialogue.
This common strategy is meant to "establish the rules of lasting governance of water sector in all the member countries," said Spanish Minister of Agriculture, Food and Environment Isabel Garcia Tejerina.
The minister, who spoke in press briefing held jointly with Water Resources Minister Hocine Necib, said that the common strategy of water for the sub-region placed a particular emphasis on the need to set up an integrated management system for a better management of water demand while including the environmental component.
It is also about defining priority national projects regarding access to water resources and purification.